Saturday, September 9, 2017

Football (2017-18) - Week 2

Good morning everyone.  I'm starting to get the feeling that you'll get our weekly picks just seconds before the early kickoffs every Saturday morning this fall...  :)  My partners in crime get me their picks by Friday night, and then I'm too tired after work to do the blog post, so I set my alarm for Saturday morning.  As always, our weekly bets are for entertainment purposes only.  I use the consensus current lines at the time of publication, which can either aid or hurt our forecaster's bets.  Last week Joey gave me Troy (+12) at Boise State, but they were (+10) at press time.  Of course Troy lost the game by 11, so Joey won his real-life bet, but lost his blog pick.  NOTE:  Our forecasters would always prefer to win their actual bets than their blog picks, no matter how much we love you readers...  :)  Anyway, this resulted in me taking sole possession of first place after last week.  Back for revenge, Joey is leading off again for us today...


Joey's Parlay Card (Last Week 1-2/Overall 1-2)

East Carolina (+24.5) @ West Virginia
San Diego State (+3) @ Arizona State
Jets (+8) @ Bills

Come by the all new Race & Sports Book at Palace Station and may all of your parlays cash!

Spoiler Alert:  Joey likes taking the points this week, in contrast to Pete and myself.  My brother and I also have one pick in common...


Pete's Parlay Card (Last Week 0-3/Overall 0-3)

Raiders/Titans (Over 50.5)
Texans (-5) vs. Jaguars
Falcons (-6.5) @ Bears

I still have half an hour left, which means that I'll get this posted on time.  YES!!!  ;)  Here's what I came up with for our second week, and the first of the NFL season...


Coach's Parlay Card (Last Week 2-1/Overall 2-1)

San Jose State/Texas (Over 63) - I would bet the 'over' if the number was 70.  I sure hope I'm right...
Steelers (-9.5) @ Browns - Browns are starting true rookie at QB, and they lost Haden (to the Steelers nonetheless)...
Falcons (-6.5) @ Bears - The Falcons return pretty much everyone, and they "only" have to cover one touchdown...


And now you have our favorite bets for Week 2.  Gather up your friends and snacks, and have a great football weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment