Friday, January 20, 2017

Conference Championship Weekend - 2017

Good morning everyone.  It's hard to believe that Conference Championship Weekend is already staring us in the face.  It's not hard to believe that Joey went on another heater last weekend, going 7-1 for the weekend on his blog bets.  My brother and I went an understated 4-4, but we're all back to give you our next to last football bets for the season.  Let's start things off with our leader, live from Palace Station, here's Joey...


Joey's Parlay Card (Last Week 7-1/Overall 41-31-1)

Falcons 42  Packers 17 --- Falcons (-5.5)/Under 60.5
Patriots 21  Steelers 17 --- Steelers (+6)/Under 50.5

Final Four.

Falcons (-5.5) - Both of these games will show why the NFL is so popular.  Game one could be a shootout at the Falcon Corral.  Both teams have high-powered offenses, so this game comes down to which team plays D.  Atlanta has improved on D throughout the season and I believe the Falcons move on to the Super Bowl by beating Green Bay 42-17.

Steelers (+6) - Tom Brady and company are on a mission started by Roger Goodell.  It may come down to the final possession, but the Pats meet the Falcons after winning 21-17.

Come by Palace Station race and sports, and may all your parlays cash!


I've gotta give another personal shout out to my friend Joey as he once again helped me transport food and other goods to restock my man cave with supplies for the rest of the winter yesterday.  Everytime we hit the road, it's nonstop talk about football and poker...  :)  Speaking of nonstop talk about football, my brother has some bets for this weekend also.  Pete's game results are very similar to Joey's, although half of his bets differ.  Live from the Las Vegas Strip, here's Pete...


Pete's Parlay Card (Last Week 4-4/Overall 36-37)

Falcons 34  Packers 30 --- Packers (+5.5)/Over 60.5
Patriots 24  Steelers 20 --- Steelers (+6)/Under 50.5


As I peruse everyone's bets, it's funny how similar we see the total scoring going.  However, I hope that my partners in crime totally whiff on the winners of Sunday's games...  Live from somewhere in the desert, here are my picks...



Coach's Parlay Card (Last Week 4-4/Overall 38-34-1)

Packers 34  Falcons 30 --- Packers (+5.5)/Over 60.5 --- I picked the Giants and Cowboys over the Packers, and I got burned both times.  I saw Rodgers play, and now I'm a believer.  I expect a competitive shootout in the dome, with the Packers winning another thriller...

Steelers 27  Patriots 23 --- Steelers (+6)/Under 50.5 --- I thought that the Steelers played one of their better games of the season when they lost by 11 to the Patriots.  If my memory serves me correctly, Roethlisberger was out that day, while Rob Gronkowski and Jamie Collins suited up for the Patriots.  I know that I have Steelers jerseys hanging in my closet, but I'll be surprised if Pittsburgh doesn't win this one, and more surprised if they don't cover...


And that's all for now my friends.  As always, remember that these picks are for entertainment purposes only.  Thanks for following along, and have a great football Sunday!



3 comments:

  1. Chris going with both underdogs for the win! Coach K (me) doesn't agree ... I think someone is rooting with their heart instead of their head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave my reasoning, but there are no guarantees... :)

      Delete
  2. FWIW--and keep in mind I dunno anything--I think the Patriots cover and the Packers win outright. And I surely don't get Joey's pick of Atlanta in a rout. Joey...have you heard of Aaron Rodgers?

    If I were a betting man, I'm not betting against the team with the best player at the most important position in the game as long as he is playing other-worldly. You either bet on the the guy who's on the roll of his life or you stay away from the game altogether.

    And if it's Ryan leading his team to a last second FG, you still win your bet.

    That said, who the heck knows? We watch sports because we don't know the outcome.

    ReplyDelete